A:Now that we’re about to own a house, I think we should get it covered.
我们快拥有一所房子了,我想我没应该给房子买保险。
B:Yes, I talked with an insurance saleswoman about it yesterday.
是的,昨天我和一个保险销售人员谈过了。
A:You did?
你谈了?
B:Sure. She said that once we finalize the sale, we just need to make an appointment with her.
是的,她说一旦我们定下来,我们只需和她约个时间。
A:How long will it take to get covered?
保险需要多久能生效?
B:I believe the insurance policy will kick in immediately.
我想保单很快能生效。
A:That’s great. Did you pick up any brochures.
太好了,你拿资料手册了吗?
hurricane是什么意思
B:Not yet.
还没。
A:Maybe we could start reading up on the different policies now. I heard that many of the homes that were damaged during Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans weren’t covered.
或许我们可以开始阅读一些不同的保单,我听说在飓风袭击新奥尔良时许多住宅被毁,但保单没有涉及这种情况。
B:You’re kidding! Did they have some home insurance or did home insurance just not cover floods?
你开玩笑,他们上了家庭保险么,家庭保险不包括水灾么?
A:Most of the policies didn’t cover floods.
多数保单不包括水灾。
hurricane
B:I guess we should make sure to read the fine print very carefully. Shall we go there now?
我想我们应该把册子看仔细一些,我们现在就去?
A:Why not? I have nothing better to do.
为什么不呢?没有比这更好的。